The Fairview Agricultural Society is seeking a Manager for our seasonal Farmer’s Market. This position will have flexible, work from home hours, with exception of market days. Market’s will be held on Wednesdays from July to October. Position will commence on August 1 2018.
FM Manager Job description
Responsible to the Board of Directors/Advisory Committee (the Board), the Farmers’ Market manager plays an integral role in the operation of the farmers’ market. The position is responsible for the day-to-day operations, working with market vendors and both internal and external stakeholders, to the market. In addition, the position works closely with the Board to ensure that the strategic and marketing plans for the organization are developed and implemented.
Skills and Qualifications
• Previous marketing experience
•Communication, time management, conflict management skills and organizational skills are critical
• Experience in food service management would be an asset so there is a good understanding/knowledge of food safety and regulatory requirements for food vendors
• Strong leadership skills
• Willingness to engage in additional professional development activities
• Physical requirements: Able to set up and move tables or tents as needed. Able to walk the market during market hours.
• Previous experience managing a farmers' market would be a definite asset
Salary will be determined with experience.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume by either email or mail as indicated below. Closing date July 16.
Subject line: Farmer’s Market Hiring Committee
Mail: Farmer’s Market Hiring Committee
Box 1586, Fairview, AB T0H 1L0